Cal was born on November 4, 2016. He was almost 21 inches and weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces. I had been having strong contractions for about a week. But every time they would eventually go away. On November 3rd I headed to a relief society activity at the church. On the way there I was talking to Amy on the phone and I had a very strong and painful contraction. They kept coming as I was at the church so I left early and started to head for home. I called Eric and he didn't pick up (he was at the library donating blood). I was about to turn left to go home but the contractions were a couple minutes apart and getting stronger so I turned right instead and headed for the hospital. I didn't even know how to get there so I called my dad and he looked up directions for me. I was scared that the baby was going to come as fast as Chet did so I was a little frantic getting into the hospital. After a couple of hours, the contractions went away and I was sad and embarrassed.
Because I was 39 weeks, they said I could be induced because of all of my false labors and because of my previous labor going so quickly. I was so grateful to get this baby out. They started me on pitocin around midnight. I received antibiotics for group b strep and then an epidural at 3a.m. Cal was born at 5:03 a.m. When he first came out, Eric and I both thought he looked a lot like Ty. So sweet and cute. I love newborn babies so much, especially when they are mine.





No comments:
Post a Comment