I applied for a job at the nearby hospital as a relief speech pathologist and I got it! I will be working on Saturdays and will be mostly doing initial assessments for adults who have impaired communication due to strokes as well as individuals with swallowing disorders. I studied these conditions in school but I have zero experience in these areas. An experienced speech therapist is going to train me and said she wouldn't leave me on my own until I feel comfortable. This position is great because it is so flexible. I can choose what Saturdays I want to work and how many hours I want to put in. I will be alleviating the work load for others who have to work weekends but don't necessarily want to. And get this... they recently mandated that speech therapists work on the weekends this past May. Before then I don't think there would have been work for me on Saturdays. Someone must have known I was coming. Eric has been so supportive and will be home with the kiddos. I am so excited to have something to learn, adults to interact with, and people to help.
Here are some pictures of my more important job.




Here are some pictures of my more important job.
9 comments:
I am so excited for you. Glad that it worked out. By the way that picture of Janie smiling is too cute.
Blake and his potato head glasses could win a contest! Way to go on the job.
Good job Katie! I knew you would get it. Cute kiddos too!
Yea!! Sounds great! I think after baby comes and we get everything figured out I'll lave to look around for something. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of Janie in the swing... the first one! So cute! And Blake should stop looking older... it's happening too fast and makes me feel old too. :)
Can I just say that you dress your kids SO cute!!!
I am lucky if I can get matching clothes on Ben.
-Maggie
Congratulations Katie! Loving the swing pictures.
Congrats again, D. They would have been fools not to want you. I would want you to be my speech therapist if I had a swallowing disorder. But anyway, I have said it before but here it is again: Janie just looks so jolly! I love it!
That is awesome, Katie! I'm sure that will be a great opportunity for you.
I can't believe how big Janie is! Wow time flies.
btw Drew does the same exact thing with those mr. potato glasses. Good for you going out there and getting a job. I'm sure it will be rewarding and help you get "out" there and keep up on your degree!
Post a Comment