Sunday, October 24, 2010

Machine

Marita came to visit last week to help watch the kids while I went to an orientation for work, to help paint Blake's room, and of course, to have fun. From this visit I have a new name for this lady. Machine. Marita is a go-er and a do-er and she does not stop. She is so helpful when she comes and is constantly folding clothes, doing dishes, sweeping, etc. She sees something that needs to be done (there was plenty) and she does it. She has painted a lot in her day, so she wanted to help paint Blake's room. She didn't just help--she painted his whole room all by herself. I did tape the baseboards but that is about it. I offered to help but she said it would be easier if she just did it. So I played with my kids while she painted. It looks great! I'm not good at decorating but plan on working on a room at a time. I still need to find some pictures to put on the walls. We enjoyed eating ice cream each night, bowling, eating at a 50's diner, going to a museum, and watching the movie Becoming Jane. Still kind of sad about that movie. What a fun and busy week!

Before:

After:

6 comments:

Maggie Dalton said...

I have been waiting for a post =)

SO cute!!!

- Maggs

Lydia and Josh said...

Love it! Can't wait to come visit.

Brett and Kimberly said...

I spy Mr. Potato Head glasses under Blake's bed. I love him.

Briana said...

So cute! Marita did a good job! It is so great to have awesome in-laws. I have been waiting for a post too and am excited to see your progress decorating your house. The world is your oyster! Oh and when you said that thing about decorating it made me think of that rose picture you put up everywhere. i miss that thing.

Melodi said...

I love that blue. What color/brand is it?

Marita Jensen said...

You probably won't see this since the date is now April 2011 but I was looking through all your blogs and saw the wonderful things you said. Thanks so much you are wonderful. love you