Thursday, March 29, 2018

Janie is 8!

We loved celebrating Janie today.  After a normal day of school, we ran to Aldi's to get the finishing touches for her ice cream pie.  We went to celebrate at BJ's for dinner.  Janie and Blake received a free kids meal there from when they earned Bagels with Barrett.  Janie ordered a hamburger and fries.  She loves burgers.  We went home and opened presents--she got scriptures, a polka dot scripture case, and stuff to play "school."  We ate a mint and chip ice cream pie with whip cream and chocolate sauce on top.  After her family party she was off to her dance class.  She gave her day a 10 out of 10.

Janie is the sweetest little girl.  She is kind, helpful, and very obedient.  I don't know what I would do without her!
Janie and I are wearing our BFF bracelets in this picture.  She made these recently and one night told me she was going to give one of them to Callie.  I told her to go put it by her back pack so she would remember to take it to school the next day.  In the morning while I was making breakfast, I saw her pick up the bracelet from the kitchen counter.  She held it for a minute and looked like she was thinking about something.  I was standing at the stove when she walked over to me and handed ME the bracelet.  She said "Here mom.  This is for you."  I asked her if it was because we were BFF's and she said "yeah."  I love to wear it.  Melt my mom heart.

Blake loved going to the restaurant that shared his initials.  He asked if I would let the waitress know about this connection, so I did.  

No comments: