Eric
Eric took 3 days off of work to go on a golfing trip in
Traverse City with some friends a couple of weeks ago. He got
to golf 90 holes and was in heaven despite the cold temperatures. It was so cold that at the end of each day he
couldn’t feel his hands.
He switched spots at work and is now doing finance support for
the Lowe’s sales channel.
He has a recent new calling of ward clerk at church so his
Sunday morning starts with 6a.m. meetings at the church.
He has been on a kick for the past 4 weeks and wakes up at
6am to exercise and read his scriptures.
I’m so proud of him because when I hear that alarm goes off I shudder at
the thought of getting out of bed.
Katie
Here is a fun story.
A few weeks ago I went to the grocery store with Janie and Ty. I brought lunch for them to eat in the cart
because I had major shopping to do. The
cart was full and I still had to buy all our produce. Ty was eating something and had turned and
was facing all of the food in the cart.
He gagged on his lunch and then threw up his whole lunch all over the
food in the cart. I stood there frozen
as I watched his puke work its way down all of my groceries until it hit the
floor. It was also all over his hands
and jacket. I didn’t have any wipes. Walked to Subway and there was not anyone
behind the counter to give me napkins.
Ty kept saying “sticky.” It was
so gross. But I just kept shopping. Grabbed what we needed and asked for paper
towels at check out. I cleaned
everything off as I put it on the belt.
I took Ty’s clothes off and I put him in his car seat. Got home and unloaded all our groceries. It was past nap time and Ty had just barely
fallen asleep. I tried to transfer him
to bed but his eyes popped open and he started saying “Eat!” He was hungry from losing all his lunch. But I knew that if he didn’t get right to bed
then he wouldn’t get a nap before we got Blake from school. So I got him dressed and put him in his
bed. He was screaming more than he ever
has. I was desperate and resorted to his
pacifier which we had just recently stopped giving him. I asked him if he wanted his binky and he
immediately stopped crying and dropped down to his bed. Pacifier worked wonders and he fell right
asleep. I love pacifiers. He is doing great without it now though.
I am almost 34 weeks pregnant. I am very excited to meet this little
guy. My complaints include sore legs from leg cramps
at night. And poor sleep due to waking
up at least 4x each night to go to the bathroom.
While pregnant I started watching I Love Lucy while walking
on the treadmill. I try to walk two
miles a day. I just completed all 5
seasons of I Love Lucy and am so sad to be done—that is about 100 episodes! I would smile each time. What a classic show.
I have been working with the young women at church for most
of our time living in Michigan. I was
just released and will now teach a primary class. I will miss the girls but was relieved to not
have as much responsibility.
I have been volunteering in Blake’s class about every other
week. I go for about 45 minutes and
worki with small reading groups in the hallway.
Blake always jumps up from whatever he was doing to come and give me a
big hug when I walked in the room. One
time the class was eating a snack and he grabbed a Ritz cracker to offer to
me.
Blake
Blake has 9 more days of Kindergarten! I can’t believe his first year is almost
done. He has loved school and has made
good friends. He has become a good
little reader. His teacher says that he
has been a joy to have in her class. He
is very obedient and wants to please. I
am so proud of him.
He is loving soccer and baseball.
Janie
Janie is in the habit of getting a small treat after
lunch. She will ask me- “Mom can I have
a “tree”? (treat) or “Can we make coo?” (cookies). She is using code so that Ty doesn’t catch on
to what we are talking about.
Started playing the game Guess Who? And loves it. She is getting pretty good at it. I love having a couple hours of quiet time
with just me and her each day. We play a
game, read books, or bake together. She loves
to watch Caillou every day at 1:30 and lately I crash on the couch.
She just finished her little preschool. She loved going and is excited and always
talking about starting real preschool in the fall.
She quotes/sings frozen often and gets really into it. I love it.
Ty
He calls stars “up-uhs.”
From Twinkle Twinkle—“Up above the world so high.”
His language is taking off.
He mostly uses two word combinations now. I’ve heard some 3 word combos too.
Eric wanted to stop the pacifier so we don’t have two kids
with them at the same time. He has
adjusted well. Has been about a month
now.
One day he was cranky and I told him to be happy or he would
go to bed. Then it was really time to
take a nap and as I put him in he frantically said “Happy!” over and over
trying to convince me he would be good if I let him stay up. Shouldn’t have used that one.
He has started hitting and throwing things all over the place. This mostly happens when Blake is around and
gets him hyper. Those two boys…they get
wild.
Ty refers to my belly as “big.” He will point to mine and say “big belly” and
then point to his and say “little belly.”
He says applesauce for octopus. There is a character on the game Guess Who? That has a
red beard that I guess looks like an octopus because he always finds him and
says “applesauce.”
He fills in the blanks to songs and is starting to say
prayers.
He also loves Frozen.
And is always saying “Olaf, summer, Elsa, Anna.”
Will say “Welcome” (instead of thank you) when I help him
with something.
When he wants me to play puzzles with him he will say
“puzzle me.”
1 comment:
I love these updates! It blows my mind how big everyone is getting! And that throw up story.... Ugh! You are super mom!!!
Post a Comment