Monday, June 11, 2012

Big Boy

Blake had a big day of firsts--it started this morning with his first trip to the dentist.  I know that he would not have been able to visit the dentist about 6 months ago because he would have been too afraid.  He has been scared of so many things but just recently I have seen his fears melt away.  He was so excited to go to the dentist to get a new toothbrush.  When the hygienist showed him the spit sucker I saw his eyes get big but he let her try it and kept asking for more and more bubblegum toothpaste.  He did great and I was so proud of him.  He loved the glasses and wanted to bring them home.  He of course had question after question to ask. 



Tonight he started his first session of swimming lessons.  He has been so excited talking about this class that I thought he could do it.  He was happy until the teacher mentioned that they would be putting their faces under water.  He said he didn't want to do it and wouldn't get in the water at first.  He watched the kids in the water and I tried to talk him into getting in.  Finally something clicked and he smiled and told me he wanted to get in.  He did so great and after a few minutes was dunking his head under the water.  He loved jumping in to his teacher.  He is in the class with his buddy Sam.  I am so grateful that Blake is happy and enjoying activities that scared him before.  He really is growing up and I can see him changing every day.  He is a good big boy.

3 comments:

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

Look at that cute face! He is so adorable. Tell him Aunt Amy is so proud!!!

Denise said...

What a day! Smiles for everyone!

Jill said...

I just signed Daphne up for preschool, and then wanted to pull her out before it even started! I'm not ready for these kids to grow up! :)

Loves to your kiddies!