Sunday, November 23, 2008

ASHA


This past weekend I attended a convention for speech language pathologists. It happens once a year and is three days filled with classes. This year it happened to be in Chicago- just 4 miles from where we live. There is a list of available classes and you choose what interests you. I went to classes about literacy, fluency, language, vocabulary, and lots more. I felt like it was an EFY for work. 14,000 speech therapists attended and everyone was so friendly. It is a great way to earn continuing education units in order to maintain membership of the organization called ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association). I ran into my favorite professor from San Jose State, had lunch with the owner of the company I used to work for, and saw some friends. I loved it all.

Eric’s mom came to watch Blake. It was hard to leave him for three days- more for my sake than for his. I knew he would be fine. My friend Jen came from California to come to the convention and stayed with us. We had so much fun. At night we all played games, ate, and talked the night away. After going to bed at midnight each night, waking up with Blake in the middle of the night, getting up at 6:00 a.m., and sitting in class for 8 hours- I was ready for a nap.

5 comments:

Lydia and Josh said...

Good times. I want to come visit you too!

Laura B from the LBC said...

And we ALL know how you love your nap!

Grandma Deni said...

You look so PROFESSIONAL!

● C E L I N A ● said...

How fun!

I will be in Utah! We should play!

Maginot said...

Sounds like a fun time! And cool to be a part of the world outside of babies for a few days. I am way impresses you were able to spend those 3 days away from him, does that mean we can go on a double date during Christmas??!!