Sunday, November 22, 2020

May 2020

On a Saturday morning we actually went on a hike in the Metro Parks.  Down by the Rocky River Reservation.




After our hike, we juiced!  We quickly chug our drink because it doesn't taste good.

We bought a new car!  Our 2010 Chrysler Town and Country kept having problems so we decided to trade it in for a new 2019 Honda Odyssey.  We were sad to have to leave our church CD in our old van because it wouldn't eject.  We listened to that CD every Sunday to and from church for years! 





Eric went on his annual golf trip with his Michigan friends.  This time he went with a lot of facial hair.  Who is this guy??

Blake made an apple pie french toast recipe for everyone to try.




Our Bishop and his wife came over as an "ice cream truck."  They played the music and had ice cream options listed on their van for the kids to choose from.  With COVID and social distancing, this was a cute way for them to connect with ward members.  Our kids were thrilled.



We bought this herb garden to see if we could make something grow.







On May 4th, we watched Star Wars.  This was my first time!

This is how Chet feels about school at home.



Something for our friends who moved.


Happy Mother's Day!  Our dishwasher broke that night.













Yogurt parfaits on the patio.

The kids played outside in the rain.  They loved it!



The library is closed because of COVID.  You can reserve books online, pull into a numbered parking space, call, and they will bring the books out and put them in your open trunk.

More creations by Blake.




Blake sent this flyer out to our neighbors in our culs de sac.  Two of them want him to help him this summer!  The McCabe's and the Lewis's.  Blake thought of the heading and then was too embarrassed to use it.  I said it was clever and that he had to!



We took our scooters and went around the path at the Rec Center.  Gotta get out of the house.






Time to get rid of some baby items.  My friend Sarah Rish is pregnant and will take the crib.




Sponge relays.  I love our green backyard.





When Eric was driving home from his golf trip, the Taurus died.  It was left at a Midas in Niles, Michigan.  He took a rental car home to us.  The following weekend I took a Greyhound bus to South Bend to pick it up.  Natalie Tippets picked me up and we went to lunch.  I stayed a couple nights at Stephanie's house.  So fun to see friends.



After the Taurus was "fixed," it didn't make it very far.  It died about five minutes into me getting on the freeway.  I was nervous driving it home and said some pretty frank prayers.  Once I knew is was having problems, I started to look for a place to pull over.  There was this abandoned building with a driveway that was perfect.  As I pulled into it, the steering wheel locked, the car immediately stopped and shut down, and a puff of smoke shot out of the engine.  I went and sat under these trees in the shade and cried.  It was a very hot day.  I waited for my ride.  I felt Heavenly Father's awareness and love for me under those trees.  It all could have been a lot worse and I was grateful for my safety and perfect waiting spot.  




Memorial Day Dinner





 Chet is a great little reader!


Did I mention how much I love our pretty backyard?


Blake found a coloring contest for everyone to do.  They each got a scoop of Mitchel's ice cream from it.

Ty wrote a joke on the sidewalk for walkers to enjoy.  It was a school assignment to find a way to uplift others during COVID.


Where Ty is, so is Cal.

No comments: