Blake and Janie started school two days after we got back from California. They started on August 21st. Blake is in 4th grade and his teacher is Mrs. Toncar. This is his last year at this elementary school. Janie is in 2nd grade and has Mrs. Wadas as her teacher. Callie, her best friend from church, is in her class for the second year in a row. Ty started kindergarten a few days later.
It was also the day of the solar eclipse. We only had partial totality where we live. The timing of it was right when the kids got out of school. I told the kids not to look up at the sun because it wasn't good for their eyes. It scared Janie when I told her that. It was a lot to have that going on on the first day of school!
Cal had his 9 month check up that morning. He continues to be in the 99th percentile for height. He also continues to have a solid weight with a good sized head. Big boy!
My mom flew back with us from California and spent the week with us. She watched the kids that night so Eric and I could go out for our 13th anniversary. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and shared a carrot cake cheesecake. I guess I ate all the carrot cake and Eric was left with all the cheese. I had to tell the waiter it was our anniversary.








No comments:
Post a Comment