Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Snow Days

After Christmas break Blake went back to school on Monday and Tuesday.  The rest of the week was cancelled because the temperature was so low.  Eric went to visit his brother Kurt in Nevada from Thursday to Monday (my Christmas present to him).  Due to bad weather, his flight was delayed which made him miss his connecting flight.  He spent the night at the Las Vegas airport and arrived in Reno early Friday morning.  He had a great time and I'm glad he got to spend time with Kurt and his family.  They chose to get together that weekend so they could watch four football games together.  Boy heaven.

The kids and I didn't leave the house for four days straight.  At first we didn't want to leave.  Then Blake and I tried shoveling the driveway on day three but the snow kept coming down that there was no point.  On Saturday a friend came over with a four wheeler and plowed it for us.  It was a long week but at times surprisingly fun.  We rationed our milk.  We got creative and had a few dance parties.  We did have friends over so I guess that helped us feel connected to the outside world.  Gotta love Michigan!







1 comment:

Jen said...

What a nice Christmas present for you to give Eric. And, it just happened to hit when you were stuck at home. You guys are troopers! That's why houses are bigger there!!