Last Friday night at 6:00 we were all getting ready for a Halloween Party. Eric and I were both in our room and I heard a horrible noise and I instantly knew what was happening. Ty was falling down the stairs. I ran as fast as I could and found him lying on his stomach at the bottom of the stairs with his hood from his jacket covering the back of his head. I picked him up and held him and started to comfort him. I ran my hand over his head trying to soothe him. Eric came down and saw what I didn't see at first. I had blood all over my hand as he had a cut on his head. I quickly got him upstairs and Eric held him while I got a wet cloth. It stopped bleeding quickly but it was a pretty good sized wound.
Eric put him in the car and I took him to a walk in clinic close by and I was so grateful it was open. I was pretty shaky but trying to act calm. I wanted to yell at the guy in front of me in line to move over but I didn't. They got us in pretty fast and the doctor seemed so calm when she told me she was going to put three staples in his head. Staples! I wasn't prepared to watch her do this--it looked like a tool you would use on house projects. Ty cried each one and by the end I almost started crying with him when he was squirming and big tear drops ran down his cheeks. I was told that it doesn't hurt to take the staples out (which will happen on Wednesday). I was also grateful I had a licorice and a sucker in my purse. He was fine once he had candy. He has acted normal since the incident. Eric and Nathan gave him a blessing that night which put me at ease. A couple of days removed I feel better. I called my mom the night of and had a good cry over the whole thing because it was traumatic for me. I know it was an accident but he is my sweet baby. He has been fine going up and down the stairs independently for a few months. I don't know what happened and nobody saw it. We are all being extra cautious with the stairs now. I cringe every time I see the staples.
The next morning we were eating breakfast and the kids were talking about Ty's head. Janie asked me "Mom, do I have a brain? Does everybody?"
3 comments:
this just breaks my heart. poor ty. that thing looks like a yarmulke.
I am so sorry, it is so traumatizing when kids get hurt.
Poor little guy! Glad he is ok!
Post a Comment