Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ty is Wun

I still can't believe he is 1.  I told everyone we came in contact with on Saturday that it was his birthday.  Blake and Janie had been counting down all week and Janie would ask everyday how many more days until Saturday. We went to a a place called Power in Motion which is a gymastics open gym to celebrate.  Ty just crawled around and explored while Blake and Janie ran down a trampoline into a foam pit over and over again. 
 

 


 

 
They looked so much cuter online!  And they are doggies if you couldn't tell.  The kids had fun decorating though.
 
Here is Ty showing how excited he was for his big day.  He actually had a little fever the night before so he wasn't feeling his best.

 
 

Blake made this little card.  It started out way bigger.  He said he kept messing up so he kept cutting his card smaller to fix it.



He stands!  He does better when he is holding something.  He is standing longer each day.  When he is about to sit he will bounce is legs and then stand up straight again. 



 
Ty can say mama and cheese. 
He is understanding more words and will follow little commands like
Stick out your tongue or touch your head
Seems like he is understanding more words each day.
He won't perform everytime though and if he is in front of others he will do a shy lean in to me.
Ty is great and I think I can say that I have enjoyed every minute of him because he has been such a sweet, calm, content little baby. 
 
I was talking to Blake tonight about how I need his help when Janie is having her melt downs.  She is pretty challenging right now.  Blake was a handful for me age three too.  I was telling him some of the things he would do to me when he was three and he couldn't believe it.  Then he said something like "but I bet Ty won't become nasty because he is the sweetest little baby ever."  Funny.  And I didn't refer to Blake or Janie's behavior as nasty.  I love how he chose that word.

1 comment:

Briana Weir said...

aww, happy birthday you sweet wun year old boy!! love you and your cute family. that last story is a good one.