Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Janie is Free!

 Janie was so excited for her birthday.  We've been talking about it coming for months now.  I can't believe she is three.  She is such a happy girl and always smiling.  (Except for when she gets hair cuts or opens presents.  See below.) 
 
 
 Blake wanted to take a picture of us.
 
 
 
 Janie's first hair cut--or first trim.  I know it is so long but I think the curls will be gone once I cut more.  During the hair cut Janie was expressionless.  She would not smile or answer any of the questions asked.  That's my Janie.  I think she was scared.  And later she told me that she didn't like that thing she had to wear.
 
Janie (or should I say Blake) picked out her birthday present at the store from Eric's parents.  They chose Squinkies and it has been a hit. 
 
Janie wanted to invite Rorie over to paint nails and play.  They frosted cupcakes and played dollhouse.  Blake had his buddy Gavin over.
 
Janie (or should I say Blake) decided she wanted to go out for pizza and ride the carousel.  That was the plan until it started snowing like crazy.  And I found out the carousel isn't open the first half of each week.  Eric grabbed pizza on his way home from work.
 
While we were singing to her
 
 Tried and tried to blow the candles out
 
 No words but a look like 'Mom, now what do I do?  They won't blow out.'
 
 She got a quilt for her big girl bed.  She shares a room with Blake now.  There wasn't a lot of excitement or emotion with anything that she got.  I remember this from last year too.  Kind of similar to her hair cut.  She would finish opening a card or present and immediately ask which one she could open next.  She is funny!
 
Every time I feed Ty a bottle, Blake and Janie have to squeeze in right next to us.
 
Love my Janie girl!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to cute Janie!!

Lindsey said...

So cute...love that they picked Squinkies!

Jill said...

Ahhh, they are all growing up so fast! What cute kids you have Katie! Happy birthday Janie! Oh, and you look great Katie! Looks like A fun day!