Friday, May 18, 2012

Party in the Park

This morning we went to the annual party in the park for a community program called Parents as Teachers. 
 Kids loved riding a bus that took us from our car to the park.  Janie sang "Wheels on the bus" both ways.
Mrs. Susan giving Janie a tattoo.  She comes over once a month and brings age appropriate activities for the kids to play with.  Blake and Janie love her.

Janie loved this toy and I remembered how much she loved it last year so I found the picture below to compare.  They have changed so much since then.


Last year Blake was terrified of Clifford.  It took a few encounters but they both ended up giving high fives to him and standing close enough for a picture.


Blake was also too scared to help squirt the water from the fire hose but this year he loved it.  I have worried about all his fears but as he gets older they have started to go away.  And I'm so glad he goes down slides now!  He has also become less shy and will wave and want to talk to people he doesn't know. 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe how much different they look in a year. Glad Blake stood next to Clifford and squirted the hose :)

littlejensenfamily said...

Your community is awesome and has so much stuff to do!!