Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

My battery died on my camera so this is the shot that we got.  Can't see Janie's face.  You can see my face but I look exhausted (that is because I am).  Blake's wins the prize for being visible and alert.

We had a great day. Blake loves celebrating.  He helped Eric make me breakfast and told me to stay in my room until it was ready.

I got a new calling at church to play the piano in primary.  Note:  When we lived in Sunnyvale I was a Mia Maid advisor.  In Chicago, played piano in primary.  Michigan, Mia Maid advisor.  And now, primary pianist.  Is that funny?  I like both callings.  Anyways, I played the Mother's Day song for the kids to sing during sacrament meeting.  Blake wouldn't stand by the group but told me he would stand next to me while I played the piano.  He sang the words he knew and mumbled the ones he didn't.  After I was done he looked at me and said "I sang that song for you!" and gave me a big hug. 

We found a copycat recipe for Outback's Alice Springs Chicken.  Eric grilled it that night and it tasted pretty darn good.

I can't wait for this baby to come and lately I've been thinking it's a boy.  Eric thinks the baby is too active to be a girl.  I had a dream that it was a boy and that we should name him Rockyard.  In my dream that name made total sense and I was happy to have finally found a good name.  The baby also had teeth, talked, and was slightly possessed.   

The other day I gave Blake some kool aid (Eric loves that stuff).  After drinking it Blake said "This is so yummy!  I am so impressed!" 

Janie was being silly and I told her she was goofy.  She said something to the effect of "Blake is Donald Duck and Daddy is Mickey Mouse."

3 comments:

Maggie Dalton said...

Your dream makes me laugh.

Briana Weir said...

1- that story about blake singing the song for you totally melted my heart.
2- pregnancy dreams are so weird...
3- congratulations to blake for his good photograph-ee skills award

Lindsey said...

Rockyard is a solid name :)