Our last stop was at church sites in Kirtland.
A few random highlights:
1) I brought a bunch of food and snacks in the car to help avoid stopping to eat. I brought a loaf of bread, peanut butter, and honey. Blake got ahold of the honey and was playing with it. I saw this and quickly told him to close the lid and put it down. He did and the next day I reached my hand back to grab something. I guess he had twisted the lid a little and honey had leaked all down his seat. I couldn't tell how bad it was so I cleaned up what I could reach and worried about it later. Come to find out it was a lot of honey and it pooled in the at the bottom with his carseat. Eric said no more honey on trips.
2) Janie had a tissue and was ripping it to pieces. I let her since she was so bored. A few minutes later I turned and saw her picking her nose with a purpose. I instantly knew that she had some shredded kleenex up her nose and was trying to get it. I asked her if that was what she was doing and she nodded her head. We got it out.
3) The last night of our trip was spent at a hotel near Cleveland. We had been sitting in the car most of that day so the kids had a lot of energy to get out. When we got to the hotel I let the kids walk around, ok run, down the halls of the hotel. We found a ramp and stairs and they were in heaven running and climbing. Blake ran down the ramp and tripped and smacked his head into the wall. He started crying and came to me for a hug. Then I heard Janie start laughing and say "Ha ha. I didn't fall down and get hurt." This made Blake so mad that he screamed and went to attack her. He does not like it when people laugh at him. I intervened and everyone was ok. On our way to the elevator Blake stopped crying and on his own said "I'm going to say a prayer." He folded his hands and prayed that his head would stop hurting. When we reached our room he told Eric that he had fallen and that his head had stopped hurting because he prayed.
2 comments:
Oh, what an awesome trip!!
Wow!! 9 day road trip with two kids. You must be more adventurous than us! Way to go! I always wanted to go to Niagara Falls while we were "back east" but never made it. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment