We flew out to California and I stayed there with the Blake and Janie for almost 3 weeks. Eric left the day after Christmas. It was very fun and very nuts. There were 10 adults and 7 kids living in one house. 5 of those kids were in diapers.

My mom has made all our stockings but had to make a bunch for all the new babies. They looked great. Way to go Mom!

We always have to dress these girls up matching.


Bentley and Blake in their sports pajamas.

Megan and Blake became buddies. One night they were eating and coloring together at the counter. Blake bit his cheek while chewing and started screaming. Megan didn't like how loud he was crying and said to me "Sometimes I get hurt, and I don't even cry."




Bowling

We went to a play place called Super Franks.

* Janie had an ear infection and got really sick one day so we needed to take her to urgent care so we could get antibiotics. We were frantically trying to find where to go and only had an hour before it closed. Just as we were leaving, Amy's daughter Jill knocked her whole tooth out. She was bleeding and screaming. Amy said that at first she thought the tooth was a piece of candy cane. I guess you have about a one hour window to reinsert the tooth into the hole and hope that it takes. It worked and Jill has her tooth again! It was an intense night. Janie had a double ear infection and a few days later she was back to normal. A week later Jill went to urgent care for her ear infection.
* The first week we were there a 24 hour flu hit most everyone. After that cleared up almost everyone got a bad cold.
* We stayed up way to late every night playing Acquire, Telestrations, and Charades. It was so fun, but not so fun waking up five hours later for the day with Blake and Janie.
* I got to visit with some friends from high school and Sunnyvale.
* Janie started walking there! She got up to 20 steps. She is still inconsistent but is getting better.
* Family pictures were accomplished. A little fiasco at crowded San Jose Children's Discovery Museum. I went running with my sisters. Lots of trips to the mall.
* Thanks mom and dad for everything!
2 comments:
miss you and your crazy kids already. it was a fun vacation. Now let's all go take a vacation to recover from it.
I'm so sad everyone got sick but glad the tooth took again! Looks like you guys had fun! I love the matching jammies pic!
Post a Comment