Monday, November 2, 2009

Roar

I have never loved Halloween as much as I did this year. It was so fun to watch Blake love this holiday. We practiced for weeks saying "trick or treat" and putting candy in Blake's little pumpkin. I think he more or less understood what we were doing. He went trick or treating three different times and each time I would tell him we were going he would grab his pumpkin and run to the door. "Goo dee dee" was how he said "trick or treat."



On Friday night we went to Eric's school to trick or treat at the different offices. At some he was shy and needed help, others he went right in, sat down, and asked the person handing out candy to "open."
I bought his costume about a month ago and I swear it fit him then. He must have had a growth spurt because the legs went pretty high. I asked myself if a glittery gold costume was too much for a little boy. Maybe that is why a common reaction people gave when seeing him was laugh. I mainly chose a lion because he could say "roar."

After we got home Blake spent probably 15 minutes taking each piece of candy out of his pumpkin and then putting it back in over and over again. Who needs toys? Just buy candy.




On Saturday night we went to our ward party and then back to our apartment to knock on doors. He went with Simon the Skunk and Spiderman Lucas. They would run down the halls and especially loved it when a bowl of candy was left on the floor. Not only was it fun to watch him love it all, now we have lots of good candy at home. I love Halloween.

7 comments:

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

He is adorable and that costume is a crack up! I love Blake!

Lydia and Josh said...

Fun Kate! I love the costume!

Maginot said...

cute costume- love it, looks good to me!

Jenny Balli said...

What a cute scary lion! :)

acandiedapple said...

How cute! I love that it is gold and glittery. I think Calder will get it more next year and then it will be fun!

Briana said...

I love that boy. What a cutie.

Melodi said...

It is SO fun watching kids enjoy the holidays isn't it! He's super cute in that lion costume!