Monday, October 26, 2009

Blake

I wanted to record some of Blake's doings lately so that I don't forget this fun stage. He makes me laugh.

Blake found a spider at our house and watched me as I killed it with a shoe. I must have been making some noises while doing it (I hate spiders and Eric wasn't home to take care of it) because now whenever Blake sees any type of bug in a book or on a toy he shakes his head and makes "yucky" noises.

I pointed out horns on a cow in a book and he touched his nose and said "beep beep." Took me a second but that is from the horn on "Wheels on the Bus."

He calls all mice "Mickey" for Mickey Mouse.

Eric is a great teacher and teaches our son things of importance. The other night he taught Blake to slap his diaper and say "booty." Blake thought it was so funny and he stills tries to slap our bums. He runs down the hall to our house laughing and yelling "booty!" while trying to get me.

When he leaves someone he says "bye bye dee you" (see you).

Blake puts one or two hands to his chin and asks "Go?" when he can't find something. The other day while I was giving him a bath he looked up at me and did this. I looked down and he had covered his little boy part with a bath toy. He just wondered where it went.




Recently learned to blink his eyes. His blinks are pretty long.


Blake is a big mooch. He was recently offered a whole banana at a park from a stranger. Whenever he sees anyone with food he grunts, points and signs/says please over and over again. He does not like it if he doesn't get some. I feel so bad because people feel obligated to give him something and I promise I do feed him. Eric and I can't eat anything in front of him unless we are willing to share. Sometimes I find Eric hiding in the kitchen eating and I know why. I do the same. Here is Blake parked on Eric's lap enjoying some of his cereal with him. At least he is a healthy boy and a good eater. There isn't much he won't eat.

5 comments:

Lydia and Josh said...

He is so fun! Did you let him eat the banana? They always say the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach...

Jill said...

You and little Blake and booty man make me laugh!

The Weist Family said...

I am cracking up over the booty slapping, long blinks and you guys hiding in the kitchen to eat. He is just too funny.

Katie Houston said...

I'm so glad you're recording all of this. This is going to be very precious to him someday!

Briana said...

So funny! I love your boy! I love that he's a food monger too. Teach him how to play waterlogged.