Friday, October 2, 2009

Monkeyda

We are so glad to be back in Chicago. I haven't been taking many pictures, but we've recently been to the zoo and acquarium. If I ever mention the word "zoo" now, Blake grabs his shoes and heads to the door because he wants to go back. Even if it's 7:00 at night he thinks we should go to the zoo.

Blake has recently changed from taking two naps to just one a day. He sleeps a solid three hours and that is a long time! The binky has also been eliminated. The first night that I didn't give him his pacifier he kept saying "beepee" in the saddest voice.

Blake is talking up a storm. Some of my favorite words that he attempts include computer, muffin, and applesauce. When Eric leaves for the day we tell Blake that he is going to school. So during the day if Daddy is ever mentinoed Blake says "cool" to inform me of where he is. I'm trying to teach him to say please when he wants something instead of whining for it. He is picking up on it and will look at me if he wants a toy that another kid has and signs and says "pea." The next step is to teach him how to not fall apart when he doesn't get what he wants.

He loves leaving our apartment and going out into the world. He cries if the door opens or shuts and he is still inside. When we do leave, he screams and squeals as he runs down the hall to the elevator. I love how much energy he has.

We had an ultrasound appointment yesterday and had it confirmed that we are officially 100% having a girl. Although this is what I expected, it is nice to know for sure. We are so excited!

The other day I was imagining what my life will be like in four months with two kids. I imagined what it would be like in public places trying to keep tabs on them both. Blake does not like being confined to a stroller or a cart and would rather be running around. Sometimes he is too fast for me. So today was the day that we bought him the monkey backpack/leash. I thought it was so cute! I gave him the option of a monkey or doggie backpack and he kept saying "monkeyda!" Don't they look like pals?

I was in the other room and I heard that Blake had found his crackers in the bottom of the stroller. Before I could get to him I heard hundreds of fishies dropping to the floor. He was acting like it was candy falling from a pinata and was eating as fast as he could.

Our friends are letting us borrow this cute kid chair. Blake loves it and goes to sit there when he requests milk. It is like his throne when he watches movies too.

8 comments:

Maginot said...

thanks for the updates. He's a cutie!

acandiedapple said...

Oh my goodness he seems like such a big boy. We miss you tons! Congrats on the girl confirmation. It is crazy that you will have TWO in four months. Wow. You can do it though!

Kristen said...

Yay, a girl that is awesome! I can't believe how fast Blake is learning words. He's amazing and so so cute. Love the last picture of him on his throne. :)

Jen said...

YES for monkey backpacks! Luke would rather snuggle his than wear it. And, who doesn't love having a "monkey on your back"?

Luke was excited to see pictures of "Baby" Blake today! He wanted to see more and more.

SO glad that the clinic was able to confirm that your little one's a girl. Hopefully, it was a better experience than last time. :) Thinking about all the Cheetos and Alicia Keys was cracking me up for days.

The Weist Family said...

Love the monkey and the throne. He is too precious. I'm sad I didn't get to see you more when you were here. So excited for you guys to meet your little girl! Just a few more months.

~Misty

Briana said...

So so so so so so cute. That monkey backpack pic is a framer. Good luck with him when the weather gets cold and you can't go outside anymore. And YAY that you're having a girl!!!!

Lydia and Josh said...

A-DOR-ABLE!! Katie I can't even take it, he is so cute. I can totally see him going after the crackers on the floor. I miss you guys!

JulieB said...

What a cutie! I have been thinking of getting one of those monkey backpacks too because Olivia won't be contained either. I love his little throne chair!