Our kitchen was painted and finished right after Thanksgiving. You can see some of the dark brown color on the top left of the picture. It is so much brighter and I love the color now.
One night Eric noticed a bad smell in our kitchen. I smelled it too. We sniffed around and finally located the cupboard. All that was inside was our crock pot and waffle maker. Eric opened the waffle maker to find a moldy nasty mess of a waffle that had been cooked and left. It had been in there close to a month! I just totally forgot to take it out. We tried to salvage the waffle maker but it was too liquidy and gross to scrape it out. Eric had the idea of plugging it in to re-cook it. I told him not to but he did anyway. He plugged it in the garage. We thought the original smell was bad enough, but soon our garage was emitting a stronger and nastier waffle smell. Eric covered his mouth with a cloth as he went in and out. He unplugged it and brought up some fans to air out the place. We didn't want to throw away our expensive waffle maker that we got at Whirlpool that they no longer make. But we had to. Eric and I laughed so hard throughout all of this. I laughed so hard I cried. Silly me for leaving it in there to rot!



No comments:
Post a Comment