Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Past Kid Updates

I started typing an update of the kids but didn't finish.  This is probably from three or four months ago.  I just found it an thought I'd post it separately and then complete a new update (hopefully).

Ty

Today Ty made progress with potty training.  We had such a happy day together.  He is a joy to raise.  He is such a good listener and for the most part goes with the flow.  If he doesn’t like what is about to happen, it doesn’t take much to talk him into it.

Ty is shy and takes awhile to warm up.  He grunts, moans, and leans into mom with a shy smile when he is around people and expected to talk or interact. 

When he gets talking at home he has the best expressions and hand motions.  This paired with his lisp and speech errors is priceless.

He keeps asking about when he turns 4 and 5 and what school he will go to.  He tells me he just wants to stay home with me and I want him to stay home with me forever.

He misses Blake and Janie while they are at school.  He is sweet to Chet.  They also wrestle and are playful with each other.

I can’t say enough good things about him today.  He is the sweetest cutest three year old.

Chet

Chet is 17 months.  He loves books and will recently lay with me on Janie’s bed and let me read and read to him. 

He is a climber.  I find him on the kitchen table when I walk into the room.  He has climbed out of his crib 4 times.  He is also a screamer.  And started biting recently.  He likes to get a reaction.

He is becoming quite verbal.  Some cute words he surprised me with recently are “beeba” (zebra),

When we are in the car if any of us say Yeayuh, he copies.  He can fill in the blanks to songs.  He likes patty cake, itsy bitsy spider, and other interactive songs.

I’m trying to switch him from his bottle to sippy cups.  He does not like it.

Janie

Janie’s school has a different ‘courage to care’ challenge each week.  She has loved doing these challenges and does them independently.  She has been announced over the school intercom 5x so far for having the courage to care.


No comments: