Blake has been asking to have a bake sale for a couple of years now (he got the idea from our neighbors). He sold cookies and kool aid--everything was a quarter. He loved using the cash register. He was quiet interacting with customers but did a good job taking their orders. Janie was a big helper handing out the treats. I had posted on facebook that we were having this sale and we have such nice friends that drove to our house to buy a cookie. Blake made $18.81 and was thrilled. That is way more than I made when I had bake sales growing up. I asked him if he wanted to share any of his money with Janie for helping or with me for the cost of all the supplies. He finally agreed to give Janie the .81. I wasn't going to make him pay me for the supplies but he decided to give me three dollars. He said that this was one of his favorite activities. We are just alike because a few days ago I had to work at the concession stands for Blake's baseball league and I loved it! There is something fun about selling things and taking money/figuring out change that I like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment