The much anticipated day finally came. Janie turned five. She has been talking, thinking, and praying, for this day for quite some time. I love birthdays too so I did everything I could to make her day fun.
When she woke up she said "I think I am taller." I remember she said that last year on her birthday. We started out with chocolate chip pancakes. She had two friend visitors (Maddie and Ainsley) bring her flowers, balloons, cookies, and a pink pack of skittles. Wow! She passed out heart cookies to her class at ballet. While Ty and Chet napped, we wrote out her valentine cards for her preschool class for next week. We picked up Blake from school and headed to the carousel to meet up with her friend Maddie. I had heard that they could play a happy birthday song for the carousel. I asked and the man said to bring her up for a free ride. He announced on the microphone that it was Janie's birthday and that she turned five. He described her and where she was sitting and told everyone to wave to her as she passed. Then he played the Happy Birthday song as the carousel went. She was beaming.
We went to meet Eric for Chinese food to get our favorite--sesame chicken. Eric drove the boys home and Janie and I headed to Dairy Queen to get her free blizzard. We were singing and dancing in the car as the sun was setting over the lake. It felt good to be together--just us girls.
We went home and ate ice cream and she opened presents. Janie got a shopping cart with food, some clothes, sunglasses, and a barbie lego set. Janie said that this was the best day ever.
And to my Janie Janie--As Bruno Mars sang it to us in the car "Girl you're amazing, just the way you are."
1 comment:
Fun birthday!!
Post a Comment