I was a little nervous to fly to California with the kids. Eric had a meeting at work he had to stay for, and he joined us a few days later. The flight was fine though because there were 20 empty seats so I was able to bring on Chet's carseat. We got two full rows to ourselves. Chet was on one window and Ty was in his carseat against the other side of the plane.
Ty did not like the idea of going on an airplane. I had to sit by him for take off. I sang songs to him. I told him to close his eyes and he squinted shut for about 10 minutes straight. Once we were in the air he did fine. The only snafoo was when Chet had a blow out diaper and I didn't have a change of clothes for him. I was in the bathroom for a long time trying to wipe him down.
Rowan and Ty became instant buddies again. They were so funny together.
We heard Janie say this over and over again on the trip "I am 4 and 1/2 and Elaine is 5 and I am taller than she is!"
Kim and I took the kids to the park one day. It was beautiful outside and the weather was perfect. We didn't want to go home yet but the kids were getting hungry. We called mom to see if she would grab us some food. She showed up with pizza and donuts! Grandma's are the best.
Kim found Elaine reading to Janie on their bed.
Gingerbread house and tree decorating.
I met up with some highschool friends at a decked out house of lights. It was fun to see them and meet their newest additions. The backyard had an insane amount of lights and decorations. There was a scavenger hunt for the kids. Blake couldn't leave until he found the last item.
Super Franks was super fun.
Pre Christmas celebration
Chet turned 5 months old
Chuck E. Cheese
Breakfast with Santa
Blake worked hard on this chain and was so sad to have to leave it. We took a picture to remember it by.
We played Acquire one to two times a day. We stayed up way too late each night. Woke up way to early with east coast time zone kids. (The first morning Chet was up at 5a.m.)
Usually by the end of a trip I am sad to leave but ready to get back home. Not this trip. I did not want to leave at all. The winter waiting for me in Michigan may have had something to do with it. Mostly I didn't want to say goodbye to my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment