Here he is! Blake is off to first grade. He has been so excited. I dropped him off in his class and it made me so happy to see him at his desk knowing how much he was going to love this year. He knows a bunch of kids in his class--from church and school. His best buddy Grant is in his class again. I had been putting it off/forgetting that we needed to teach Blake to tie his shoes. Eric taught him the day before school started. Just in time!
I had to fill a form out about Blake for his teacher. It asked to describe Blake's character. Eric and I were brainstorming and here is what we came up with: obedient, kind, competitive, shy, creative, intense, diligent, systematic, eager, energetic, rule follower.
After school was kind of a nightmare. I knew that he was going to be wiped out. Janie and Blake started fighting right away in the car. He was crying a lot at home and kept saying "It is so loud! There is so much noise at school--people screaming and yelling. I just need it to be quiet." Poor thing. It is so hard to handle Blake when he is like this but it isn't his fault. Seven hours of school is a lot for a little six year old! We have a game plan and are going to try to eat a good snack and sit together and read books when he gets home.
2 comments:
What a cutie!
He is going to be such a heartbreaker. Such a good looking kid. And hilarious. And intense. :)
Post a Comment