Blake's class had a field trip to the Sarett Nature Center. Lindsey watched Ty so I could take Blake and Janie. For the first half hour we went into the center and learned about birds, amphibians, and reptiles. They even touched a boa constrictor. Yuck. Then for the next hour we went for a walk along trails. It was actually a really beautiful and hot day. Janie did not enjoy this. She cried and screamed for a lot of the walk. She kept screaming for a snack but I didn't have one for her. I have realized that if she is ever feeling any amount of discomfort or boredom she wants food. And she didn't want to walk either so I carried her most of the way. As we headed back to the center she yelled nice and loud for everyone to hear "No! I don't want to go back in there!"
Blake had a great time. He was at the front of the line with his buddy A.J. talking to the lady in charge. All of the kids were howling like coyotes for the last ten minutes of the walk. He collected a bunch of leaves along the way. Perfect field trip for him.
1 comment:
You get an A+ for blogging so much :) I love your kids. I want to watch Ty for you.
Post a Comment