I think Blake might be over his fear of slides. He surprised us and went up and down on his own and was happy about it!
My former roommate Jill lives in Staten Island. We went and spent a few days with them and it was so fun! The first day there we walked to a great park.
Blake and Daphne got along great--both are high energy kiddos. In this picture they were looking at a turtle in the water. The head was under water and I told Blake that he needed to sing a song so the turtle would come up to listen. Blake sang his two favorite primary songs without holding back--As a Child of God and Choose the Right. And the turtle came up to listen! I speak the truth.
We took a ferry downtown and got some good shots of the statue of liberty. (Blake calls it the sacred of liberty. Getting it confused with the sacred grove.)
Riding the subway with two double strollers.
We had heard good things about the gyros that are sold on the streets and they were so good!
Playground at Union Square
Kids playing in water on the High Line
The Empire State Building behind us. Looked bigger in person
Time Square was my favorite! It was packed with crazy people and lights. I loved watching it all.
We walked to Central Park from Time Square. It was huge and beautiful. I wish we had had more time and energy to walk around more.
The m&m store was insane. You could buy any color m&m for only $12.99 a pound. It smelled so good.
Janie was such a happy girl for most of our trip. Blake had more trouble adjusting to lack of sleep. I told Janie one day that she was the winner for being so happy and Blake got so upset. He loves winning and hates losing. I don't know where he gets that from.
It was so fun to visit with Jill and John and get to know their kids. Wish we lived closer to these fun friends! Thanks pal.
1 comment:
Love the "tuckered out in the stroller" pictures!
Post a Comment