Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happenings

Last Saturday was such a great day. Eric and I ran our first race together. It was a 10k that started at Eric's Whirlpool building. Our friend Amberly ran with us. Eric pushed the kids in the double stroller and they were great the whole time. The weather was perfect and it felt good.


Then I got to leave and go to Chicago to meet up with friends that came into town for the weekend. We visited, walked around downtown, and met up with more at Edwardo's Pizza. Lots and lots of talking! So fun to see everyone.


On Tuesday Eric had to work in Chicago so we went along. We went to the zoo with our friends Amanda, Asher, and Hazel. The kids loved it. I have a thing for zoos.












This might have been their highlight of the trip.




Afterwards we drove to the temple and swapped. I took the kids to the museum first. They have the cutest grocery store and the carts filled up fast. Too bad you have to put all the groceries away when you're done. They probably filled up 6 carts.












We had lunch on a bench swing over looking the lake after playing at our museum yesterday. I love this weather and hope it sticks around for awhile so we can do fun things outside.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Katie + boots = cool.

Melissa said...

I agree with the boots. You look awesome, everyone does. I wish I could have been there. Janie's hair is killing me it is sooo cute, and omg Asher is huge. Glad you had fun.

Briana Weir said...

look at those boots! GIIIIIIRL!! you lookin sassy! pretty pretty please bring them to NY. oh and also your cute kids. they look so old!

Amanda P said...

Katie! It was so fun to see you guys. I loved that our kids had such a great time together (post Asher's melt downs at our house!). I keep laughing thinking about how Asher and Blake were talking each others ears off, and when Blake had to finally yell, "Stop!" with his hand up as Asher continued to yell. I think they both finally met their match. :)

Jennifer said...

Katie - are those your Cali boots? Love them! Been waiting for pictures! Great outfit! :)

Maggie Dalton said...

I was gonna say you look hot in that first picture! But everyone beat me to it =)

- Maggie