Thursday, August 18, 2011

Janie - 18 Months



I guess I can't get enough pictures of her in her bathing suit. My sisters have a bunch of pictures from our vacation on their cameras so I'm waiting for them to send them. So I'll just give a Janie update for the records.


She stopped saying "ccc" for cookie and "wawa" for water. She can say cookie and water and I was sad. I liked her code.


Janie copies everyone, especially Blake. I love watching her wheels turn as she tries to do what he does.


Her favorite movie is the Letter Factory. She calls it "Aaaa" and it is one of the few movies she will watch in its entirety. Since she was able to watch it a few too many times on vacation, she knows her alphabet and sounds. She is now obsessed with letters. No credit to mom.


My sister Maggie attempted to paint her toes. We all kept telling her how pretty they looked. That night after I brushed her teeth I said "so pretty" referring to her smile. Then she pointed to her toes. She thinks the word pretty is associated with her red toenails.


She often puts her arms out and says "hold you." She also started saying "thank you welcome" when she gets or gives something.


Screams and falls apart whenever I change her diaper or put her in her high chair.


She has been sick a few times lately (got her 4th molar in). She blew a snot bubble (gross) and said "bubble, pop!" Now snot=bubble=pop.


My kids favorite song to listen to right now in the car is one by Nickel Creek. Not sure of the title but they call it the "fox song." It is fast paced and they light up, squeal, and dance when it comes on. After it is over they both yell "more!" Sometimes we listen to it 6, 7 times before we get somewhere. Today for the first time Janie requested and said "fox song" when we got in the car. Cute.

1 comment:

Briana Weir said...

wow, that fox song has really become a theme in your life, huh? remember when your husband and those other boys sang it like lunatics? i love her little legs in that swimsuit. can't wait to meet her!