Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chapter Closed

Our last two weeks in Chicago were filled with outings and packing. Everyone always talks about how great summers are in Chicago and I feel like I got a taste.

Museum of Science and Industry


Shedd Acquarium


Went to Children's Museum twice. I think it's my favorite.


Ice cream at Navy Pier


Navy Pier with Grandma


Beach with friends


It was so hot and muggy most of the time and we didn't have air conditioning. Kids took lots of baths.


We went to the face fountains and Blake was so scared. He is afraid of water and we are working on it. He is also slow to warm up to new situations. Blake's scared face turned to all smiles by the end when he was running through the inch of water on the floor and kicking and splashing.


Baby steps.


Blake was intrigued by the moving face on the fountain and how the eyes closed and lips pursed to spit out water.


On our bus ride home I caught Blake trying to be the face fountain.


On our last night we went downtown for Thai food and to Buckingham Fountain. It was such a beautiful night.



Bye Chicago! Thanks for the memories.

2 comments:

Maggie Dalton said...

Haha I love Blakes open mouth face for many of your pictures. I can't wait to see them and to meet Janie!

Elise said...

I'm so sad you guys are gone! The parties on the Piccadilly 2nd floor are going to be lame now. Miss you!