Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessing & Mother's Day

Today was special as Janie was given a baby blessing. All of her grandparents were here. She wore a cute dress given from Grandma Deni and used a beautiful knit blanket from my Aunt Sally. It was a perfect Mother's Day.






I love being a mom and I love these kiddos!
My dad stayed until Tuesday and my mom stayed until Friday. We had so much fun and I am sad they are gone. Unfortunately it rained most of the week but we did get to the Field museum and to a mall. We ate at Potbelly's and also had some deep dish pizza. My mom took Blake for walks. I got a three hour nap! My parents were so great and helpful. After my dad left Blake said in a sad voice "I need my grandpa!" He said the same for my mom when she left. I feel the same.

4 comments:

Joy Carlton said...

What a special way to spend Mother's Day. Your family is adorable!!!

Jen said...

Oh, what a great way to spend Mother's Day. . . with your parents and in-laws and family!!

Janie is adorable. When do we get to meet her? :)

Jill said...

1) Janie is so so so so so so so so cute! Really! I just want to squeeze her and smother her with kisses... in a safe way of course!
2) You look AMAZING Kt Jane for having just born your second child. I mean it! Way to go!
3) Love the family photos... super cute!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

She is adorable. I love the dress. Where did Mom get it? I love it that you got to bless her on Mother's Day! Give her kisses for me.