Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blake at 20 Months


Help! Blake just learned how to get out of his crib. The other day I went to go get him out of his crib and he greeted me at the door. I looked at Eric and yelled "no!" I liked having him contained in his bed.

He is becoming very independent. He swats our hands away when we try to help him do something like wash his hands.

He continues to make us laugh. Blake loves sirens. The other day he heard one in our apartment (on the 12th floor). He said what sounded like "pa way" and I could not figure out what he was saying. After he repeated it 10 times I gave up. Then he looked at me and said "Can't see it. Pa way!" Far away. Duh mom.

He loves his little sister. He greets her in the morning "Good morning Janie!" When she is sleeping he yells in her face "Hi Janie!" over and over again. He always wants to be next to her in her rainforest mobile but doesn't quite know how to get under delicately and I have to constantly protect her. Over a month ago I gave her a bath and she had spikey hair. I pointed that out to Blake. Even though her hair hasn't been spikey since, at least once a day he pulls a piece of her hair and says "spike."

Blake is scared to get on and off the elevator lately and always asks me to "hold you."
He frequently uses the phrase "Right now!" He had to get that from somewhere...we have to watch what we say. He keeps us on our toes.

No comments: