Monday, May 4, 2009

13.1 Miles



I did it! I ran a half marathon on Saturday in Kenosha, Wisconsin. We woke up bright and early at 4 a.m. to make it in time. I am really glad that I ran and had fun doing it. Thanks to Whitney for putting it together and to Melissa for being my running buddy. I liked how strangers cheer for you on the sidelines and how you get to throw your water cup while running. One person ran with a cheese head and I saw another man running in a formal grey suit. I accomplished my goal of running the whole way (even though I was so slow by the end) and I finished in 2 hours and 25 minutes. I might even run another one sometime!

12 comments:

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Holy impressive! I wish I was as cool as you. You seriously amaze me. Hope to talk to you soon. Is there something you should tell me about your plans for this summer?

Jill said...

KT Jane, you averaged 11 minute miles for THIRTEEN MILES!!! WHAT?!?! THAT IS AWESOME!!! I don't think I'm at that point! WAY TO GO! You inspire me! Way to run!

Briana said...

What a dawg you are. You didn't tell me it was in Kenosha, did you? Look at all the awesome ways you are linked to that gr8 st8. Way to go! You are the picture of self-discipline. I have always thought so.

● C E L I N A ● said...

GOOD WORK!!!

Brett and Kimberly said...

I'm so proud to be your sister.

Next up...MARATHON!

Robyn said...

Yay! I'm so impressed! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I think that 13.1 miles is the perfect distance. Any farther than that is probably too much! That's so fun that you did that.

Grandma Deni said...

That's my daughter!! Or should I say I that MY daughter?? Impressive accomplishment, honey.

Whitney said...

You are a rock star! So glad you did it!

Lydia and Josh said...

Woo hoo! go katie!

Laura said...

Good for you, Katie!! I think it's great that you'll run another one just so you can throw a water cup while running!!

Melissa said...

It was fun thanks for helping me train!!